ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

An idea for FARR "with this file do.." type actions

<< < (3/3)

mystcolor:
I can't wait to see this wonderful function, and I have some ideas about it.

Use a new shortcut key maybe like "shift+tab" to open a second instance of FARR window for search, and launches the file selected in the first window with executable file in second window and/or reversely.

Maybe also add a shortcut to switch between searching windows like "ctrl+tab"? Then users can quickly go for and new search and perform open with.. actions with the selected program.

tinjaw:
I'm thinking a two paneled FARR. One panel designates the source to act upon, and the other designates the tool to use.

Nod5:
| is hard to enter on some keyboard layouts (AltGr + < on mine) so I agree with jgpaiva that TAB would be better. The current TAB functionality (display path) could then be demoted to CTRL+TAB perhaps? Another key that is consistently easy to press across keyboard layouts: the UP key. And it seems to have no current use in FARR when the input field has focus.

Another issue is what to do if user types | and there is more than 1 result showing.  FARR needs to know the single file you are going to use..

Maybe when you type | far should pop up and ask you which item you wish to select to work with, OR allow like |2 to mean choose second item, or |5 for fifth, etc.  so if only one result then as soon as you type | it will switch to "with ... do.." mode, but if more than one it will wait for you to type a digit after the | before switching.
-mouser (July 06, 2007, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sounds great but let plain | (or plain TAB) automatically work on the first result and let || (TAB TAB) trigger FARR to somehow ask the user about what result(s) to work on.

edit: Also, navigating down to a result (say number 2) in the list and then pressing | (or TAB) could be made equivalent to typing |2 (or TAB 2)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version