topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Member Site Spotlight: Becoming a Writer Seriously - Tools and Trade Secrets  (Read 6998 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
We're going to try to do more spotlighting of member websites.  This is a great one for writers, and has a special section on software for writing.  If you are interested in the business end of writing, this is a must visit site.

Becoming a Writer Seriously: Tools and Trade Secrets for Aspiring Writers

http://becoming-a-writer-seriously.com

Emphasis will be on detailed descriptions of HOW writers can utilize available TOOLS to best advantage. Over time, the blog will also provide an overview of the various pieces comprising the BUSINESS side of writing. Our aim is to become an indispensible resource & reference on the web for writers.

Screenshot - 7_9_2007 , 3_02_53 PM_thumb.png

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
just writing my first film script (i'll announce it when the film is in production  :D ) so this looks like an absolutely ideal resource.

thanks for revealling it, mouser, and thanks to Thomas for creating it.

i'd never have know anything about the blog without seeing it here.

deberett

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello Mouser,

I'm just starting to get started writing my "novel" if you know what I mean.  I've jotted down some notes and other data regarding the background and the matrix, that I will as a foundation to base the novel 's plot upon.  I have been searching for a good and simple-to-use, software program.  I had considered using the " Literary Machine", but even though I am not a novice at writing in general nor a beginner at using a PC, I found it to be unnecessarily difficult to understand - much less to use.  The Page 4 and or Rough Draft seem to be just what was needed for me to flesh out my manuscript.  Thanks for the tips and the links to the software.

"Keep on, keeping on,"

deberett

TomColvin

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • BECOMING A WRITER SERIOUSLY
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Deberett, there are several other programs, designed especially for novelists, that you may wish to check out.  I'll be reviewing all of them in detail in coming weeks, but a Google search will take you immediately to their homepages.

WriteItNow
WriteWay
yBook