ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

ProcessKill 0.0.0.5 - My FARR2 Plugin Contest Submission #4

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
yes, taichi and i agreed i will be adding an option for a plugin to say to default to showing all results.

rbeeger:
Hi taichimaster,

This and your other three plugins are great. Thanks for developing them  :Thmbsup:
A feature request: Could you add the name of the owner of a process to the output in the status bar that is shown for a selected entry. I don't use the location column, but would like to see this info in FARR. Would it also be possible to show the status of a process in the status bar (e.g. is it still responding or has it somehow crashed.) In task manager this is shown on the application tab.

Cheers,
  Robert

taichimaster:
Hi taichimaster,

This and your other three plugins are great. Thanks for developing them  :Thmbsup:
A feature request: Could you add the name of the owner of a process to the output in the status bar that is shown for a selected entry. I don't use the location column, but would like to see this info in FARR. Would it also be possible to show the status of a process in the status bar (e.g. is it still responding or has it somehow crashed.) In task manager this is shown on the application tab.

Cheers,
  Robert
-rbeeger (July 06, 2007, 11:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

You are welcome Robert.  Mouser did a great job on the Plugin SDK, and it's fun to develop something that yourself would use everyday.

Yup, I could add the owner to the status bar.  But as far as the "Not Responding" status, I am not sure how TaskManager does it.  I think it's somehow related to whether the process's main window is pumping messages or not?  Maybe mouser has some clues :)

I could easily find out the main window's title for each process though, that might help on differentiating multiple instances of the same process and selecting which one to kill.  I could also add the memory usage for each process if people find it useful, but it will make the querying slower.

taichimaster:
How does Task Manager determine if an Application is Not Responding?

Hmm...interesting!!

Lashiec:
OK, I think I know who should receive the Visual Studio package. Well done :Thmbsup:

And thanks to this plugin, I finally have a quick way to kill processes like I used to do with EDXOR. Cool!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version