ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

ProcessKill 0.0.0.5 - My FARR2 Plugin Contest Submission #4

(1/4) > >>

taichimaster:
ProcessKill 0.0.0.5

Hey jgpaiva, this one is for you :)

This plugin displays a list of active processes and allows user to kill the selected process. Should work on 2K/XP/Vista.  Haven't tried on the 9x systems.  Actually haven't tested it much at all....so please report bugs.

It's actually pretty simple to do by following this article: A Safer Alternative to TerminateProcess()

Thought about extracting the icons from the EXE instead of showing a generic one for all processes, but the SDK currently only allow icons by filenames.  So I would have to save all icons to disk and pass them to the host (kind of troublesome).  EDIT: DONE, thanks to mouser's suggestion!

Installation:
Extract the zip file to the farr2 plugins directory then reload the plugins from the plugins listing screen.

Screenshot:

Version History

v0.0.0.1 (July 6th, 2007)
Initial Release

v0.0.0.2 (July 6th, 2007)   
[NEW] Added Option to Extract and Display Processes Icons -- (might have slight performance decrease)

v0.0.0.3 (July 6th, 2007)
[NEW] Added process id and process owner to the status bar text
[FIX] Plugged a handle leak

Comments and constructive criticisms are welcome!

Thanks to hamradio for the beautiful icons!!!!  :-*

mouser:
taichi, try returning the full path to the target exe as your custom icon name.

taichimaster:
Sweet!! I shall try that, thanks.

taichimaster:
Ok done...it seems to be a tad bit slower when extracting the icons though (with +sall), so I made it an option.  :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva:
Amazing!!!!  :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:
It works great :D Credits on the way ;)

Mouser: isn't there a way for a plugin to show it's results with "+sall"?
I only have farr to show 10 results, but that's obviously too less for this plugin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version