ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: OnScreen Display for Mute Status

<< < (3/14) > >>

Nod5:
Great script lanux128.

This can also be done without a script. Go to Sound and Audio Devices Properties > Volume > Device Volume: Place volume icon in the taskbar. The tray icon automatically changes when mute is on/off. For this to work the tray icon must be visible all the time so the script is more sophisticated.

app103:
This can also be done without a script. Go to Sound and Audio Devices Properties > Volume > Device Volume: Place volume icon in the taskbar. The tray icon automatically changes when mute is on/off. For this to work the tray icon must be visible all the time so the script is more sophisticated.
-Nod5 (July 05, 2007, 01:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have the tray icon, but I keep my taskbar on autohide, so it's generally not visible. Even if it were visible, that icon is pretty small and the status easy to miss. This script makes it very obvious, like when you have your TV on mute.  :)

lanux128:
okay, i've uploaded the compiled EXE and btw, i suck at icons so those who are graphically-inclined feel free to add their own icons.. :)

Nod5: thanks for the tip, the systray icon is useful but WinXP always hides them and as App mentioned, it's easy to miss out.. :)

taichimaster:
AWESOME script!!!!  Thanks!!

Nod5:
app103 & lanux128,
You can set some tray icons to always be shown (never autohidden). Right click Start > Taskbar tab > customize.. . Alternatively, Right click Start > Taskbar tab > untick Hide inactive icons for a more general solution.
But I agree with you that this neat script makes it much easier to see when mute is on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version