ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

ZillaRank: An improved search for smf forum

<< < (15/25) > >>

Wordzilla:
[Continued]

WTF, now you dont even need to scroll down to see if there are topics that interest you!  8)

AbteriX:
Thank you.
I don't have time to test now, but i have an suggestion:

How knows what "Smart matching" means ... if he didn't just read this thread...have he search first the docu's ? ;)

Would you consider to use smtg like:
1. Matching whole words only
2. Smart matching (default) ==> "Matching Word starts with" (default)
3. Matching any sequence ===> "Matching Word contains"

AbteriX:
"Show/Hide Subjects" work as an kind of index ... the full search result is still there ... fine work :Thmbsup:

Wordzilla:
Thank you!! Glad you like it.  :-*

How knows what "Smart matching" means ... if he didn't just read this thread...have he search first the docu's ? ;)

Would you consider to use smtg like:
1. Matching whole words only
2. Smart matching (default) ==> "Matching Word starts with" (default)
3. Matching any sequence ===> "Matching Word contains"
-AbteriX (July 30, 2007, 09:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes it's always wrong to confuse users. :P

I personally like #3 but I was told that "Matching Word contains" could confuse as well. Gonna think about it and I'm open to suggestions.

With regard to #2:

The problem is that 'Smart matching' doesn't really just do "Matching Word starts with" at all times, in fact it will decide the best matching mode based on its analysis of individual search terms, as one size doesn't fit all.  :)

Wordzilla:
"Show/Hide Subjects" work as an kind of index ... the full search result is still there ... fine work :Thmbsup:
-AbteriX (July 30, 2007, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!!

I hope these will also come in handy for you:

Basically they save your trouble of scrolling up and down the search results page.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version