ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

ZillaRank: An improved search for smf forum

<< < (23/25) > >>

Eddy Matthews:
Would it be possible to modify DCSMFSearch so that it also searches for attached files?

At the moment there is no way to search for any attached filenames etc, and it would be a great addition if it could be done?

Many thanks
Eddy

Wordzilla:
was wondering here -
does the search favour the first word?
-tomos (January 11, 2008, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. Words are not treated differently based on their positions.

Wordzilla:
Would it be possible to modify DCSMFSearch so that it also searches for attached files?

At the moment there is no way to search for any attached filenames etc, and it would be a great addition if it could be done?

Many thanks
Eddy
-Eddy Matthews (February 22, 2008, 03:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll have to look into SMF tables that store attachments if this new feature is to be added. Dont know if there'll be an impact on search performance.

From my point of view, most attachment filenames are senseless. ;)

Eddy Matthews:
Thankyou...

I understand what you say about filenames, but most of my users are pretty good and give the files meaningful names. However wether the filenames are garbage or good, the fact remains that there is no way to search for them currently, either with DCSMFSearch or SMF :(

Regards
Eddy

app103:
I just came across a situation the other day with regards to searching forum profiles. You can search for member names (providing either a full or partial name), but you can't search profiles for content.

It would be nice if in addition to the member search, forum search, site search, if there was a profile search option that would be based on content and not member name.

Currently, for example, if someone mentions a specific term in their profile and I can't remember who that was, I can't find it.

I also can't search for home page URL's to figure out if a particular site belongs to a forum member. I recently ended up on a site that looked so darn familiar and I don't know why. It's not the kind of site I would end up on by accident or follow a link from somewhere else on another site. I believe it may belong to a member of this forum, but I really can't be sure...and not knowing is driving me nuts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version