ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Service Control 0.0.0.3 - My FARR2 Plugin Contest Submission #3

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
Caveat:  Since the adv. config are stored in the same directory as the plugin (c:\program files), they are normally being virtualized. ServiceCtrlHelper.exe will not be able to read those preferences and therefore will just do the default (show progress bar, show msgbox upon failure, and do not show msgbox upon success).
--- End quote ---

I don't fully understand what you are saying the solution to this is..  Perhaps the options need to be stored in user profile subdir after all?

mouser:
also: looks like i need to upgrade the updater so that if its an update file that is a zip then it should prompt user to handle it.

lanux128:
a small request: how about adding a filter to show only currently active services and vice-versa? right now "sctrl +sall" lists about 90+ services (active & disabled) on my PC.

Josh:
Taichimaster, any chance you would consider revisiting this to add win7/8 support? This would be very useful! It lists services properly, but I do not think it can kill them due to UAC.

taichimaster:
Hi Josh, it should already have Win7 support (have not tried Win8 though).  It comes with an helper (ServiceCtrlHelper.exe) that is capable of elevating perms to start/stop a particular service.  Please do let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version