ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Network Connections 0.0.0.3 - My FARR2 Plugin Contest Submission #2

(1/2) > >>

taichimaster:
This plugin is very simple and does not do much actually.  It searches your network connections and invoke its default verb upon triggering.  It took me about 2-3 hours to write it.  With this "proof of concept" plugin under my belt, hopefully I can move up to something more challenging.  I have to deal with VPN and PPPoA connections a lot at work, so this might actually useful for my personal use.

Technical Note:
Initially I had problems with the "Status" verb which I traced it down to a windows shell bug where the "Status" verb cannot be invoked by any process other than "explorer.exe" (see HERE) >:(.  So for those PIDLs which have default verbs as "Status", I switched them to invoke "Properties" instead.  Normal RAS entries (VPN and dialup) and "New connection wizards" work fine though. 

Installation
Extract and put under the FARR plugin directory.

Type "nwconn $$$1" to search.

Version History

v0.0.0.1 (April 8th, 2007)   
Initial Release

v0.0.0.2 (July 3rd, 2007)   
[FIX] Built with static MSVC library

v0.0.0.3 (July 3rd, 2007)   
[NEW] Added Location field on results
[FIX] Stripped & on status bar text
[FIX] Fixed some COM pointer leaks

hamradio:
I just noticed that the statusbar when you select one of the items with the keyboard/mouse at the end of the text says Create &Shortcut.

For example "Create a New Connection. Create &Shortcut" and so on for the others descriptions here.

taichimaster:
Great catch ham.

Those help text returned by the context menu items might sometimes contain accelerators.  I guess I could strip the "&" chars.

Thanks.

taichimaster:
The new download in the 1st post has been updated to include a .dcupdate file for easy update notification!  :Thmbsup:

taichimaster:
I just noticed that the statusbar when you select one of the items with the keyboard/mouse at the end of the text says Create &Shortcut.

For example "Create a New Connection. Create &Shortcut" and so on for the others descriptions here.
-hamradio (July 04, 2007, 01:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed, thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version