ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

AllOfMP3 closes ...

(1/2) > >>

Carol Haynes:
AllofMP3.com closes

2 July 2007 23:53 by Dela
AllofMP3.com closesControversial Russian music download site, AllofMP3.com, closed its doors last week. The site, which sold music downloads for a fraction of the price that iTunes and similar authorized services charge, was the target of international legal and political attacks over the past two years. The site claimed that it was fully legal under Russian law, and for a time was the second most popular paid music download site in the UK.

The once "$30 million a year" site caused ripples across the world and at home, as it was painted as a huge block of Russia's entry into the World Trade Organization. Its business was particularly impacted when credit card and other online payment facilities withdrew their support for the site.

However, the company behind AllofMP3 followed the closure with the opening of yet another music download site, MP3Sparks.com, selling tracks for similarly low prices. The site uses the same legal arguments for its operations as AllofMP3.com.
--- End quote ---

Article at AfterDawn.com.

Also AllTunes.com still seems to be up and running.

f0dder:
...and before that, a bunch of Danish ISPs were forced to block DNS entries for allofmp3 - which was really lame imho, and shows how little politicians and judges understand of techy issues.

Deozaan:
Also AllTunes.com still seems to be up and running.
-Carol Haynes (July 03, 2007, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

AllTunes.com is running, as is the application, but I haven't been able to add money to it for a number of months, so it's basically obsolete.

Also, MP3Sparks.com isn't loading for me.

Carol Haynes:
You can add music via MP3Spark and then use the AllTunes app, just use the same login.

Actually AllTunes funding worked for me recently.

Deozaan:
You can add music via MP3Spark and then use the AllTunes app, just use the same login.

Actually AllTunes funding worked for me recently.
-Carol Haynes (July 04, 2007, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

MP3Spark.com isn't loading for me. Neither is MP3Sparks.com.

I tried doing the ChronoPay thing for AllTunes just within the past two weeks and it didn't work. Maybe I'm just unlucky in my timing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version