ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

My paid donation wasn't acknowledged

<< < (2/2)

Carol Haynes:
It's a bit nerve wrattling from my perspective, but as a practical matter many people don't do anything with their donation credits and so they will eventually just go to the site by default.
-mouser (June 29, 2007, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

I understand the first part of that statement but how does the last bit work? If they are just left unused presumably they still belong to the registered user?

mouser:
Carol, see the page about donationcredits:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Donate/Credits.php

After a long period of inactivity (currently 12 months), any abandoned credits in your account will be treated as a general site donation.
--- End quote ---

Abandoned is the key word here.. if someone comes back 2 or 3 yrs later and says that they woke up from a coma and want to manage their $5 in credits again, we're happy to oblige.

The intention is only that people who are not interested in dealing with allocating credits have their donation eventually go to the site; a lot of people fall into this category -- they want to support the site but don't want to get involved in the microdonation stuff.

Carol Haynes:
Right - I should have read that page  :-[

lanux128:
what is the definition of "inactivity"? is it not logging on to dc or not assigning the credits within 12 months? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version