topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: My paid donation wasn't acknowledged  (Read 12065 times)

pratanakangsadal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
My paid donation wasn't acknowledged
« on: June 29, 2007, 05:59 AM »
Hello
     Can anybody help me?  I've donated a small sum of money, but my donation wasn't acknowledged.  I've paid by PayPal, and the payment transaction was positively confirmed (as shown here copied from my PayPal account information, "Web Accept Payment Sent (ID # 63846922SV353661J)").  I'd like to get the Universal License Key, but since my payment wasn't acknowledged, I figure that I wouldn't get the key.  I don't know how to contact anyone in charge.  So, could anyone please notify the person in charge about my case please?  I'd appreciate your help very very much.  Thank you.

pratanakangsadal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: My paid donation wasn't acknowledged
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 06:09 AM »
I'm very very sorry.  I've made a foolish mistake.  My payment was received and acknowledged.  I just misunderstood the phrase 'donation credits = 0'.  Sorry everyone.  Everything is good and well with me and DonationCoder.

Wordzilla

• Forum Search Daemon
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Two there should be; no more, no less.
    • View Profile
    • FreeThesaurus.net - The Free Online Synonym Finder
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 06:16 AM »
No worries pratanakangsadal, you are among the not-so-many people who went through troubles to make donation! Welcome to the forum!!  :Thmbsup:

I just misunderstood the phrase 'donation credits = 0'

Where did you see that? Well if that's something confusing we'll have to fix it soon.  :)

Thanks!!

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 06:22 AM »
I just made a donation which was acknowledged - by email.
I think you have to click on the link in email to actually "get" your credits on site .. (?)

I was surprised though that half the donation wasn't automatically credited to the site - i.e. I got full credits for the money donated - is that new policy or just a "special" at the mo?
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 08:09 AM »
Welcome to the site pratanakangsadal (that's a long name!),

Also, in case you didn't stumble upon it yet, you can at the top of the forum pages that you are listed as a supporting member (meaning you are recognized as having made a donation) -- so any time you ever lose your license key and need another you can just visit this page and get a new one: https://www.donation...r.com/Keys/index.php

tomos,
we tried an experiment many months ago to give people 100% control of all of their credits and never looked back yet.  so the answer is that no credits automatically go to the site, it's up to the donor where to allocate them.

It's a bit nerve wrattling from my perspective, but as a practical matter many people don't do anything with their donation credits and so they will eventually just go to the site by default.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 08:29 AM »
It's a bit nerve wrattling from my perspective, but as a practical matter many people don't do anything with their donation credits and so they will eventually just go to the site by default.

I understand the first part of that statement but how does the last bit work? If they are just left unused presumably they still belong to the registered user?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 08:53 AM »
Carol, see the page about donationcredits:
https://www.donation...m/Donate/Credits.php

After a long period of inactivity (currently 12 months), any abandoned credits in your account will be treated as a general site donation.

Abandoned is the key word here.. if someone comes back 2 or 3 yrs later and says that they woke up from a coma and want to manage their $5 in credits again, we're happy to oblige.

The intention is only that people who are not interested in dealing with allocating credits have their donation eventually go to the site; a lot of people fall into this category -- they want to support the site but don't want to get involved in the microdonation stuff.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 09:01 AM by mouser »

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 10:11 AM »
Right - I should have read that page  :-[

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 03:21 AM »
what is the definition of "inactivity"? is it not logging on to dc or not assigning the credits within 12 months? :)