ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - DcUpdater - 1.32.01 - May 9, 2017

<< < (3/26) > >>

johi:
hey, let's include an option to start the update with the "run-as..."-dialog! :)
(i, for example, don't work with the administrator-account most of the time)

taichimaster:
hey, let's include an option to start the update with the "run-as..."-dialog! :)
(i, for example, don't work with the administrator-account most of the time)
-johi (July 05, 2007, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you talking Vista UAC Elevation? it should be easily achievable by using ShellExecuteEx with the verb "runas".

I would also like to see FARR be able to launch the results in elevated mode too (with some kind of modifier, maybe [+admin]?)

Maybe mouser can look into it.  Elevate through ShellExecute

steeladept:
Mouser, one other request.  The updater uses proxy settings, but I can't get my company to give me the site:port info.  They keep saying to use the http: proxy address.  Is there any easy way to support this?

mouser:
i've fixed the UAC vista stuff in the new version which will be released soon (it was caused by MS VISTA heuristic of trying to run programs with the words update/setup/install in them ).  Thanks go to taichimaster who figured out the problem.

i think i remember seeing something about http: proxies, ill look into it.

Perry Mowbray:
Hey Mouser! What a great idea (Sorry, I've only just discovered this thread... something about the title didn't click with me  :-[). I'll have to wait to get home to give it a go as it gets Port errors here at work.

I've been thinking about this generally for a little while, and posted here about a simple response I put together. The auto-update feature that I used there was based on knowing where the PAD file was.

Then I wondered about extending that idea somewhat and providing a DataBase and WebService which would retrieve information about an Application from its PAD file based on some known thing (like Application Name & Author), which would then relieve the user from knowing where the PAD file was. Also, making the link between the user and the developer non-direct means that it can be updated when necessary.

That's the update checking, then there's the actual updating. If it's easy to find out what the latest version is and where it is, then downloading it can be done using many different techniques. I was going to do just a simple script first, but dcUpdater sort of does it all!?!

I'm wondering how you deal with just PAD files?

Checking the help file, am I right in saying that the <Version> & <VersionFileRemote> tags need to be manually written?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version