ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - DcUpdater - 1.32.01 - May 9, 2017

<< < (10/26) > >>

mouser:
I've uploaded a new version (1.18.01) but im not going to upload the file that would make everyone's updater update itself, since i expect to have to release minor fixes in the next day or so.

This new version has major changes to the look and feel, but i haven't added any pad file stuff yet.  You will notice however that there is a new tab for programs not yet installed but available for installation.

Version 1.18.01 - July 30th, 2007

* All options are now in a separate dialog.
* Main form now has two tabs, one for installed packages, one for available packages.
* New simple mode button.
* Self-upgrade now takes place after all other items are updated.
* New-install update files will be automatically overrided by installed versions of the same pacakge.
* Checkboxes let you disable items from checking.
* View menu lets you hide disabled items.
* Sorted columns are preserved between runs.
* Added (and set default) an alertbox mode of displaying update from tray.
* Doesn't pop up on failure to connect to network (better for resuming from sleep issues)
* Updater was staying minimized to tray if there were updates that had already been reported.

Tekzel:
Hey mouser, looking sharp! Couple of issues to report, and a possible bug.

Issue#1 - Using Vista, the prefs dialog is too big for the frame so it puts in scroll bars.  Image attached. Spoiler

Issue#2 - I prefer to have the app running all the time, the big exit button actually exits!  I would like it to take it back to the tray if the close to tray option is checked.

Issue#3 - When advance controls is selected, the little yellow "log" window at the bottom does not remember its position.  I prefer it slid all the way down and I pull it up if I want to see it.  When exiting the app it comes back up in the same position no matter what I had it set to before exiting.

Issue#4 - Possible bug.  Not sure if this is by design.  Only the "Description" column separator is draggable, the others can not be selected.  Also, this column does not remember its size.  Minor issue, but important to me! :)

I do like the new look though, it looks VERY slick compared to what it looked like before (which wasn't bad!).  The tabs are cool!  Are there any plans for a tree view for apps with plugins so they can be a part of the app or something?  Would be nice if an app's plugins can show up "under" the app so you know they belong to it.

If I find any other issues I will report them.

Edit:  "a app's plugins"??  Was left over from when I changed references from program to app while editing, it was "a program's".  Why am I explaining my edit?  I don't know.  Just didn't want people to think I had no sense of grammar.  And I was embarrassed by it.  Also as inexplicable, why am I calling everyone's attention to it? 

mouser:
all good ideas and bugs, thank you.. will be working on them, especially the couple of show stoppers.
treeview for plugins is a good idea.

mouser:
Ok major new version released..

The big work here under the hood (and above the hood as well), is lots of support for installing new packages, not just updating existing packages.

For example, one idea is that you should now be able to download a plugin .zip file and drag+drop it onto the dcupdater window, which will report about its contents and know where to install it and install it (or check web for update).

You could do the same with simply a plain .dcupdate file which is not yet installed.

--

This new system will be used with FARR 2 release, which will no longer come with all plugins pre-installed.  Instead, the updater for FARR will know about the available plugins, and you will be able to quickly install any plugin you want simply by choosing it in the updater.

mouser:
Another feature added is more support for manual stuff.  You can now right click and tell the updater to just download the new file for you.

It will also let you customize how these files get named, and even keep an archive of every downloaded+installed update:

You can now also uncheck packages you dont want to check by default (you can always check them manually with a right-click).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version