ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommendations for project/schedule management software (besides MS Project)?

<< < (3/4) > >>

csiemens:
Project Insight at www.projectinsight.net is reasonably priced with monthly, software-as-a-service pricing, and resource allocation is one of its real strengths. A lot of the PMs I talk to say it's got all the heavy-duty management features they need while still being easy enough for "civilian" team members to use.

MikeMcLoughlin:
Hi

This is not really a project management application as such but I use Axosoft OnTime for managing my software development. I find it ideal for my needs and there is a free single-user license available (which is what I have).

http://www.axosoft.com

PhilB66:
List of project management software
Project management software reviews

Armando:
Hi Phil, Thanks.
Your last link doesn't work here.

iphigenie:
What I would like is a project management application that does work for multiple projects in parallel - many of them can be used to have multiple projects, but somehow not connected. I want to know what time creep in project A might imply for project B, so I can make a forceful argouument against said creep. Also if A has some delays, perhaps something can be moved up from C that could be done now with the people waiting on A.

I have used many many tools but short of treating everything like a big permanent project with the real projects as subprojects (something which always comes with compromises, eg you lose a lot on budgeting, time tracking etc.)...

I know it is hard enough to do a decent project management tool - but i dont know in what world people are only on one project at a time - in my world we typically had 3-4 in build, 3-4 in planning, plus some infrastructure/support tools projects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version