ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Requesting good alias files

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
As most of you know, FARR is going to be released for public testing very soon, and i would love to include some more alias files made by members.

The new alias file system in FARR makes it possible for users to create a standalone alias file for sharing, including special icons to associated with result entries.  I'd love to include some of these alias files created by you guys with the release.

The new alias system even lets us make a subdirectory with the alias files, icon files, and helper program, so it's perfect for making alias files that work with a little helper tool (like nircmd!).

mouser:
I'd even like help just finding/collecting icons for adding to the core aliases.. so if you go to the farr v2 alias group tab and check out the core alias file, what i want is a dif icon for each of the results in each alias.  many of the alias results (for keyword search for example), are websites, and so we should use an icon for that website.

any volunteers?

hamradio:
Just an update to let everyone know I stepped in and did the icons. :)

mouser:
Hamradio did an amazing job with the icons, and it's surprising how dramatic the change is and how much funner it feels to use aliases with nice icons.  Thank you also goes to the person who insisted on adding customizable icons (i'll find the old post to give proper credit later).

I wanted to post the deadline for alias files.  FARR v2 will go public on July 21, 2007.
So any alias packs need to be posted a few days before then at the latest.

I will be making a special page for FARR v2 addons (plugins, skins, alias packs).

If anyone knows of useful commandline tools, they can make very good subjects of an alias pack.  As would any group of related internet searches.

jgpaiva:
Here's an alias i made that allows you enter an url in farr without "www" or "http://", while not interfeering with a search by file and extension.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version