ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Ditto: yet another free clipboard manager

(1/5) > >>

jgpaiva:
Through this post by ak_, i've found a fantastic piece of software.

Meed Ditto.

It's quite simplistic, only one options window and a quick paste window.
Though, it's quite powerful!! It can handle several types of files in the clipboard and it works VERY well.
I'm definitelly surprised, it's worth a try.

Also, while reading through Ditto's forums, i found an interesting idea: Stack Copy. It's something i had never thought, but it'd be extremelly useful, since i've used CHS several times to reproduce this behaviour.

ak_:
Yeah, glad to see my post was helpful :)

Indeed, Ditto is really neat. I never used any other clipboard extension but actually this one is quite perfect for my needs. It's very handy for composing images without going from one window to another all the time.

And it's open source :D

rjbull:
i found an interesting idea: Stack Copy
-jgpaiva (June 28, 2007, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

ClipCache 1.41 offers a similar feature.  You assign two hotkeys, their suggestion being Ctrl-Alt-[ and Ctrl-Alt-' because they're more or less above each other on the keyboard.  Pressing them steps you up or down through the quick-paste list (not sure if it extends to older items), placing that clip ready to paste.  Helpfully, each time you press one of those hotkeys, you get a tooltip showing the clip's title briefly appear at the cursor location, so you can see when you got to the one you wanted.

I requested similar functionality for CHS >here<.

justice:
So what is the angle on Ditto. if it's just another clipboard manager then noone would use it.

jgpaiva:
What i love about ditto (i've been using it since i opened this thread), is how it handles all kinds of clipboard items, not only text.
It can store text, images, formated text, and (very specially) links for files.
That last part is where i think it is unique. When i copy a file on explorer, it is stored in Ditto (not the file, only the link to it). So, i can later want to move that file anywhere and paste it through Ditto.
It's also very useful when you want to move a bunch of files to different places in your computer. You can just copy them all at once, and then just go drop them where you need to.

I also like how it's very fast and reliable. The only problems i've found is that there's a slight delay from the moment i press ctrl-c and it makes the "copy sound", and how can be a bit hungry for memory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version