ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Custom Font Settings for FARR

<< < (4/4)

mackal:
Hi all,

I am having the same problem that tablaji was having with the clipped icons.  My DPI is set to "Normal 96" in Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced, and I am using Display Settings > Appearance > Effects > "Use large icons" option in Windows, since otherwise things are just way too tiny on my laptop (1680x1050 resolution).  But my explorer icon sizes look the same as in jgpaiva's screenshot, so I do not think I have "unusual" settings.  Can FARR be made to work with my setup?

EDIT: actually a few more observations:

* if I turn off "Use large icons" and restart FARR, FARR's "large icons" work/look great!  (but need a microscope to use the icons on my desktop then...  :( )
* if I then turn "Use large icons" back on, but do not restart FARR, I get the best of both worlds
* Launchy has no problems with icon sizes, regardless what my desktop setting is
Surely this is an issue in how FARR obtains the icons, no?  If Launchy can do it...  :P  (it uses the large version of icons that are present when "Use large icons" is off, even when that setting is turned on... somehow it ignores the desktop setting and polls the correct-sized icon directly).

jgpaiva: my explorer window icon sizes match the ones in your attached pic.  Do you not have the same clipping problem when using large icons in FARR?  It sounds like you don't... I wonder what's different about my setup...

BTW, I'm using the latest beta, downloaded today.

mouser:
I'll see what i can do about this.  i think it should be a simple fix..

apurvarc:
Mouser,

Recently jumped into FARR and love what you are doing here.

Just wanted to bump this thread up as I am having the same problem, and I am pretty sure its because I have large icons setup on my desktop. I am using WinXP. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

mouser:
let me have another look at it in the next few days.

mouser:
apurvarc and others:

let's move all discussion of this big icon problem to this thread:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17873.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version