ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Review suggestions

<< < (9/17) > >>

zridling:
I'll add to Jibz' suggestions. He listed:
- Best Programmers Editor
- Best E-mail Client
- Best Process Explorer
- Best Archiver
- Best FTP Client
- Best Image Viewer/Browser

Over time, I'd also like to see Best:
__Outlining/Note-taking tool
__Calculator
__Image Editing tool
__File Renamer
__Photo Resizer
__Screen Recorder
__Duplicate File Finder
__Windows Tweaking tool/s
__Defrag, Disk Management
__Uninstall tool
__Synching tool
__Download Manager
__Privacy tool
__Blogging (blog-posting, not creation) tool
__Online Help/Resource sites

mouser:
syncing tool might be covered by our beyond compare review..

so many good ideas, i think it's safe to say we are going to get around to all of these categories eventually.. just a matter of what order we do them in..

outlining/note-taking tools are near and dear to my heart, so i might do a review of those soon, same with screen recorder.

Sentinel:
It might also be worth considering reviewing Spyware cleaning apps, especially as more than one is required to give any kind of real protection and these days you are much more likely to be a victim of spyware than of a virus.

Trojan cleaners/protectors may also be worth looking at, as is disk encryption.

kfitting:
Defragmentor would be top on my list right now... so many options, but no real way to tell if they give what they claim.

kevin

Sentinel:
Defragmentor would be top on my list right now... so many options, but no real way to tell if they give what they claim.

kevin
-kfitting (April 25, 2005, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes there is a lot of fud in this area and an awful lot of fanboys for each product.  I'm pretty certain this should make any review rather contentious, no doubt leading to a rather interesting discussion. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version