ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Integrating Google Search into SkyIDE - Am I allowed to do this?

(1/2) > >>

SkyIDE:
I am about to implement an online help system into SkyIDE. This is how it will work.

E.g: Word at carot is "file". You press F2 and Google opens up searching for that word.
Another example: Word at carot is getline(), you press F2 and Google opens up searching for that word.

I wish there was some C++ help file in a Windows Help file format or in a HTML with JavaScript format which I can freely re-distribute. I would pass the selected word to the JavaScript engine to search for the keyword where it would bring up that page.

For now, I will use Google, if there is anything else I could use, let me know.

Later on I will provide an option for more search engine choices....

I hope I am not violating any rights?

app103:
If you can support the Sherlock standard, you can use any/all of the ones from this page in addition to google:

http://mycroft.mozdev.org/download.html?submitform=Search&sherlock=yes&opensearch=no&category=9

hamradio:
A possible idea that should be possible is to make it to where you can enter the search engine(s) and have a special code like FARR does where the user can put at a specific place ($$1) and it will be replaced by the selected word???

SkyIDE:
A possible idea that should be possible is to make it to where you can enter the search engine(s) and have a special code like FARR does where the user can put at a specific place ($$1) and it will be replaced by the selected word???
--- End quote ---

Interesting concept. I will have to look into it.

Concernng the search, I know Google has a DLL but I was actually thinking of something else. Instead of using their copyrighted DLL, I will open up a browser window and manually input the search syntax in the address bar. E.g: word at carot is Microsoft, than you would insert

h t t p://w w w.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=Microsoft&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Selected word is "int"

h t t p :// w w w .google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=int&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Ignore the spaces

I can do the same for Yahoo etc...

:)

hamradio:
Also, Maxthon uses %us for unicode search and %s for ansi search thru the address bar searching which you can specify in a list.

Like for google I use this in Maxthon

--- ---http://www.google.com/search?q=%us

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version