ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What do you use to keep track of your installed software?

<< < (7/9) > >>

KenR:
Well, some of the ones that exist are Hot Sites (called Marked), Changed, Checking Now, etc. (By the way, another thing I would like the program to have is a button to check just the hot sites. I forgot to mention that last night.) What I would like is the ability to create additional folders and then specify the criteria. So when you click on that folder, it shows the bookmarks that meet the criteria. If you would like to discuss this more, I can give you my phone number and I am also on line.

Ken

Darwin:
Ah... OK, I understand what you're after. I'll write something up and run it by you via PM before sending it off. I'm about to be summoned to the dinner table so this might not happen until later tonight, once kids have been bathed and cajoled into their beds!

KenR:
Sounds great Darwin. I'll look forward to it.

Ken

CleverCat:
KenR - Where Is It is great - just tried it and think I might buy it instead of SoftCat... :Thmbsup:

Darwin:
KenR - Where Is It is great - just tried it and think I might buy it instead of SoftCat... :Thmbsup:
-CleverCat (August 17, 2007, 01:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you're used to entering the infor manuallly in SoftCat Plus free version anyway, you can't go wrong. Where Is It? comes with a lifetime licence, too  :Thmbsup:

I'm still seduced by the IDEA of SoftCat Plus though... I'd love to be able to scan my computer - file structure and registry - and generate a database with everything filled in for me, including my registration details (I note from the demo that with SoftCat Plus you still have to do this manually).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version