ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Best spreadsheet

<< < (5/10) > >>

Ralf Maximus:
Yeah, but Excel pivots are a pain in the butt to use... the demo makes it look absurdly easy in Quantrix. 

In fact I can easily imagine myself accidently creating a million-cell Quantrix spreadsheet.

Darwin:
I've already e-mailed them about academic licensing, so I'll let you know what they say, urlwolf. I've downloaded the demo and installed it but haven't done anything with it yet (other than to try opening/importing an excel file - no dice). My initial impression is that the GUI is beautifully thought out and executed. I have 30 days to wring it out and will report back with my progress.

PPLandry:
Yeah, but Excel pivots are a pain in the butt to use... the demo makes it look absurdly easy in Quantrix. 

In fact I can easily imagine myself accidently creating a million-cell Quantrix spreadsheet.
-Ralf Maximus (December 03, 2007, 10:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

If what you're looking for is a grid to import/enter data and perform analysis (pivot tables and charts), SQLNotes will do that. It supports calculations too, even user defined functions (uses VBScript: if then else, do loops, instr, etc.), enforced at the field level (not at individual cell level). It will import spreadsheet data and allow you to save any number of pivot tables/charts on this data (printable and exportable). And the pivot is easier to use than Excel's. Excel and MSAccess can also link to SQLNotes data to create complex reports
www.sqlnotes.net and,
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10432.0

Best of all, it is free while in beta (with 500+ testers, it is very stable)

Darwin:
Well... nothing to report about Academic pricing on Quantrix because I've yet to receive a response from them. On other fronts, AFAICT it will only import files in one of two proprietary formats, which means that all of my HUGE excel files filled with data would, presumably, have to be manually reentered into a new Quantrix Model. Ouch.

Time to start digging around in the help file (again, actually).

Ralf Maximus:
Darwin, just outta curiosity: have you tried highlighting sections of Excel and copy/pasting them into Quantrix?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version