ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

"XPLinux" Running Windows XP and Kubuntu on one joint desktop

<< < (4/10) > >>

Carol Haynes:
VMware is the way to go if possible. Version 6 works great.
-zridling (July 11, 2007, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is there much advantage upgrading from VMWare Workstation version 5.5 to version 6?

Lashiec:
Judge by yourself

argv:
Is there much advantage upgrading from VMWare Workstation version 5.5 to version 6?
-Carol Haynes (July 11, 2007, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think so, but depends of your needs. I'm using vmware since its version 3; today I'm using 5.5 but for my needs even version 3 was fine.

rssapphire:
Ooh.. nice. I may try this sometmie! Though I do like Compiz Fusion alot and I doubt it would work this way.
-Laughing Man (July 11, 2007, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're right. It won't work -- at least not on my setup. I'm not sure it work would with any form of X-forwarding unless Compiz Fusion was running on the client system as the forwarded windows are displayed by the client's X-server.

f0dder:
10) Use plink.exe from the command line (or run box) to connect to your running VM:

C:\Program Files\PuTTY\plink.exe -ssh -X -C -pw badpass [email protected] kicker
-rssapphire (July 11, 2007, 10:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
Why bother with SSH encryption when you're running the X server on the same machine as the VMware guest, though? Why not just connect directly?

VMWare6 sounds like a lot of possibilities for "getting out of the box", if it hasn't been very carefully coded... but sounds interesting as well.

Something that looks very interesting is parallels coherence...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version