ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

"XPLinux" Running Windows XP and Kubuntu on one joint desktop

<< < (2/10) > >>

argv:
Hey, what skin is that? I like it

Carol Haynes:
Looks like a really interesting setup.

Could you help the ignorant among us and tell us how you set up running Linux and Windows on the same desktop.

nudone:
Looks like a really interesting setup.

Could you help the ignorant among us and tell us how you set up running Linux and Windows on the same desktop.
-Carol Haynes (July 10, 2007, 12:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

i'd appreciate a step-by-step also.

zridling:
Many distros will recognize and provide step-by-step setup options during install. The two main things are to let Windows be the first OS on your system (because if it's not, Microsoft will erase Linux's Grand Unified Bootloader file every time [GRUB]) and learn how to restore the GRUB file (it's really easy) when Windows deletes it anyway. The best guide I've come across — with screenshots — is by APCmag:

The definitive dual-booting guide: Linux, Vista, and XP step-by-step

Carol Haynes:
Thanks for those links Zaine, but I am more interested in how to run Linux and Windows concurrently on the same desktop.

I know how to set up a dual booting system (I have done it many times before) but it isn't an option for me in this case as I can't get Linux in native mode to behave with my WiFi hardware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version