ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's the most complicated wristwatch?

<< < (5/5)

Uncle John:
The watch I use is Casio Pathfinder...
-superboyac (June 19, 2007, 12:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Since you mentioned Casio Pathfinder I thought you might be interested in the Suunto Core..
http://www.suunto.com/suunto/Worlds/outdoor/main/Product.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673986053&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302757941&bmUID=1188162682510

Purists like Darwin would probably say this should not be called a watch and he probably right, Sunnto refer to it as an Outdoor Wristop.

It's simple appearance belies it's complication. But if you consider all of the things it can do I think you'll find this "watch" is about as complicated as you'll find anywhere.

Darwin:
Ha ha, I'm not such a purist... I'm wearing a Citizen ProMaster "Wingman" WR100 at the moment. It's a great bulky thing that has both analogue and digital registers and does everything but tuck me in at night. Here's a review posted in a different forum about the watch with pictures. I concur with just about everything the reviewer and respondents have to say about it.

The great thing about this thread is that it's inspired me to start varying my watches again. I had gotten lazy and stopped "rotating" through them with any regularity. So, today it's the ProMaster, tomorrow I think I'll either go for the BW Raymond Railroad chronometer or perhaps one of my Eterna-matics... After that, I may just go nuts and wear my Birks quartz moonphase from the late 80's. Gold plated with a brown face and brown highlights on the case and metal band!

Darwin:
Crud. Started posting the above to mention that I've always wanted a Suunto and got carried away/lost  :o!

Carol Haynes:
Yep - I fancy the Sunto altimeter/GPS version! Trouble is you need a mortgage and an armed guard to buy it and wear it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version