topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:26 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Clipboard Text Scrubber  (Read 6338 times)

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Clipboard Text Scrubber
« on: June 18, 2007, 01:30 PM »
I use ClipMate, but this may be of interest to others that don't.

Clipboard Text Scrubber is a handy little application that sits in your system tray and monitors your clipboard. When it finds any text on the clipboard it will “scrub” (or “clean”) that text, to remove all formatting. This is great for copying and pasting text into emails, documents or anywhere else. Anyone that uses notepad to scrub their text will love this application. You can have Clipboard Text Scrubber automatically scrub text as it detects it, or you can manually scrub it by right-clicking on the system tray icon. When Clipboard Text Scrubber is scrubbing text the system tray icon will turn green, just to let you know it’s hard at work.

[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

Boxer Software

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Author of the Boxer Text Editor
    • View Profile
    • Boxer Software
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Clipboard Text Scrubber
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 03:27 PM »
>> Clipboard Text Scrubber is a handy little application that sits in your system tray and monitors your clipboard. When it finds any text on the clipboard it will “scrub” (or “clean”) that text, to remove all formatting.

On a very similar note, my company developed and sells Text Monkey PRO, which likewise sits in the system tray watching the clipboard.  When it detects over-quoted email text, it will automatically (if so configured) clean the text on the clipboard so that it can be pasted anew.  It also has dozens of other common text processing operations, and they all perform their function by manipulating the text on the Windows clipboard.

There's an animated screenshot here that shows the concept: http://www.boxersoft...e.com/tminaction.htm

Full details: http://www.textmonkey.com

Best,

David.

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 05:43 PM »
Yeah, I tried your text editor once. I remember how flabbergasted I was that a 60 dollar text editor didn't even have working word wrap. I also emailed about this and received no response. Anyway, that's my little rant. Just thought I'd point that out now that you seem to be here, alive and well.
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Boxer Software

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Author of the Boxer Text Editor
    • View Profile
    • Boxer Software
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 06:04 PM »
Yeah, I tried your text editor once. I remember how flabbergasted I was that a 60 dollar text editor didn't even have working word wrap.

At the risk of flabbergasting you yet again: Classical word wrap yes, visual wrapping (aka wrap-to-window), not at this time.

I also emailed about this and received no response.

I've just scanned the email logs for the terms "deviant" and "nighted" and got no hits.  The only emails that don't get replies are those which are inflammatory or disrespectful.  Could that have been the problem?  I don't remember the message.

Anyway, that's my little rant. Just thought I'd point that out now that you seem to be here, alive and well.

I appreciate your concern for my wellbeing.   :)

Best,

David.