ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Are you a hardcore software fanatic or a poseur?

<< < (6/6)

Lashiec:
J-Mac, you look like you need a virtual machine for all that testing. It would save you some time of cleaning hassle ;)

J-Mac:
J-Mac, you look like you need a virtual machine for all that testing. It would save you some time of cleaning hassle ;)
-Lashiec (July 12, 2007, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Recently did just that!   :)

However I would still have quite a few apps installed.  E.g., I have about a dozen different graphics/digital photo applications.  Some overlap features, and when I finally admit that I am not using one hardly at all, I uninstall it. But I do use most for different functions.

When I had this PC built, I had four drives installed in it, dual processors, a bevy of optical drives, etc. I became disabled/virtually housebound a little over two years ago and so a lot of my time is spent on new-found interests: digital photo and video authoring and editing. Lotsa tools for that!

zridling:
Man, I'm down to 62 apps, and that includes over a dozen redundancies (several text editors, image editors, and three IDEs.). I've been trying to do more with less lately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version