ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Are you a hardcore software fanatic or a poseur?

<< < (3/6) > >>

nosh:
Do you have / know of   :tellme:  a Screen Capture program that will:
scroll & capture the XP Add/Remove Programs' window?  :tellme: 
--- End quote ---

SnagIt

Gothi[c]:

--- ---# yum list installed | wc -l

(on Blag Linux.)

Hirudin:
We've got at least 5 Windowses here (Vista too)

In my "ProgNoInst" folder I've got 18 other folders and in "ProgNew" I've got 28. I figure at least a few folders have 2+ programs installed. And in the 2 "Program Files" folders on the C:\ drive I've got a total of 38 more folders, but not all are "programs" (and I care about even less of them)...

I figure I've got 50+ that I actually installed myself...

app103:
wow! where did you get that quick launch setup!
is it here at dc somewhere?
-cmpm (June 18, 2007, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Windows has had the ability to do that since at least Win98, without having to install anything additional to do it.

If you take a folder full of shortcuts and drag it from Explorer to the edge of any of the empty sides of your screen, it will create a toolbar like the one on the left of my screen.

The one on the right side is the standard Windows taskbar usually found at the bottom. I just dragged it to the right side and made it as big as I could.

To add the bars to sort your shortcuts:

Create a folder for all of them somewhere on your hard drive...add subfolders for each category...fill with shortcuts.

Then right click one of the quick launch bars and select toolbars> new toolbar

Select one of the subfolders. Once it has been added, you can customize it by right clicking the new toolbar and choosing your options.

You can have all 4 edges of your screen with toolbars like this, but I personally think more than 2 is just plain crazy.

Darwin:
We've got at least 5 Windowses here (Vista too)
--- End quote ---

Actually, it was ME that I forgot about!  Sorry app! :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version