topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 4:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Congratulations, Zaine - The full review is up!  (Read 6472 times)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Congratulations, Zaine - The full review is up!
« on: June 14, 2007, 11:03 PM »
Wow! This is a tour de force - you've bested your "best archive tool" review, and that was a tall order. Well done and congratulations!

One question (though I'm only half way through at the moment): you listed portability as a "what's to like" feature of Papyrus, but didn't mention that this is something that you can do with TexMaker, too. An oversight?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Congratulations, Zaine - The full review is up!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 03:18 AM »
Yes Yes, very nice  :-*

thanks Zaine for all the hard work!

I spent a while lately looking for a word processer that could produce .docs that didnt screw up in Word 2007 & ended up with Textmaker & very happy with it.
Got one copy of it for my partner with an Educational liscence for €13 - later I got another copy on offer from Ashampoo for something ridiculous like €4.99 (no I'm not complaining :P )

I have fairly basic needs - but

• found AbiWord's .doc files just didnt read well in Word (& vice-versa)
  • Atlantis I liked, fast too! Maybe it is there, but if I remember correctly I couldn't create tables in Atlantis ?? somehow find that hard to believe now  :tellme:
  • PolyEdit I liked as well - another fast app, but what turned me off it was I couldnt get a proper print preview - just see a "scroll" view of your document. I enquired earlier this year & it is planned for a future version
Tom

lotsamosi

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Congratulations, Zaine - The full review is up!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 06:12 AM »
Atlantis can be run on a USB stick.