ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Download Managers

(1/5) > >>

Earthcoder:
Hi all, Ive done a search and found info about the download managers, but there so many and cant work out what the best one is for my needs.

can anyone suggest one, that has following features:

*.zip to Zip folder  With no prompting, So on a site you click the zip, it does not come up saying where do want to save this file, it just downloads stright away and puts into a folder called Zips

*.exe Files, has Prompting but allows me to chosse a catagory from list, for what folder i want to save it in, Not browsing my computer for the right folder.

Websites support, so if download from same website, the files will be saved to the website folder no prompting.

Opera Does this sort off, But its not perfect.

I dont care about speed etc, The main things is you click and nothing prompts you and nothing loads up, just does it and adds to folder

superboyac:
Here's a good post summarizing a bunch of download managers:
DC download managers

I think most of the good ones will do what you're asking.  I tried a few of them a while ago, the ones I liked were Reget and Internet Download Manager.  But it was overkill for me, I just don't download that much off of the internet.

Hirudin:
A couple years ago I tried a bunch of the download managers available and decided that Star Downloader was the best. I haven't used it for a long time though, so I can't remember if it had the features you need...

I hope this somehow helps... :) :D

Darwin:
Yeah - I have a licence for Stardownloader Pro but like Hirudin haven't used it in a while (lots of sites have policies about cutting you off if you use a download manager, so I use it sparingly). Anway:

*.zip to Zip folder  With no prompting, So on a site you click the zip, it does not come up saying where do want to save this file, it just downloads stright away and puts into a folder called Zips
Definitely handles this in both the Free and the Pro versions

*.exe Files, has Prompting but allows me to chosse a catagory from list, for what folder i want to save it in, Not browsing my computer for the right folder.
Yes, though I am less positive than about the above.

Websites support, so if download from same website, the files will be saved to the website folder no prompting.
I don't think so, but have never needed this functionality.

Other points about Stardownloader to consider - development seems to be dead no updates in over a year, despite the promise of one last March.

Other downloaders that will probably do what you need are Neodownloader and Aaron's Web Vacuum.

aruvam:
Free download manager may be able to let you do that - http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
They have a decent category based filtering system...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version