ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Text Editor

Boxer Text Editor

<< < (5/9) > >>

Boxer Software:
I really appreciate your time in this thread. For the first time in several years, I am considering dropping a few dollars on a [different] text editor--of course a bit more time spent with the trial period will make it easier to decide whether the value of this editor versus my [surely easy to deduce] primary editor is justified given the price point.  While not an unfair price, per se, it is not a negligible one either.
-allen
--- End quote ---

I'm still working with Carl Thorpe on getting a Boxer discount set up for DC members.  If that doesn't happen soon enough for you, just contact me in private email and I'll take care of you.

That said--portability/registry independence is something that is becoming extremely popular these days--sooner or later, I'm sure you'll get pressured into that.  (Though you've more or less already implied sooner.)
-allen
--- End quote ---

Yes, and I've been finding I've been thinking more and more about that in my down time.  From past experience, that's a strong indicator that something will be tackled.  :)

I can see where you're coming from with potential difficulty in such an implementation, though. The fact that you're at least looking at it gives me at least a little hope.  As seemingly subtle a feature it is, it's a (perhaps irrationally) huge thing for me.
-allen
--- End quote ---

Sometimes these things fall in place more easily than you'd expect, so keep your fingers crossed.  As you might be able to tell from what you've seen of Boxer so far, I'm a big fan of putting in the sort of features that don't get in your way, unless you go looking for them.  This one certainly fits that mold, since it would be added as an optional selection mode.

* Probably from spending so much time with Opera, I personally expect a new blank file to open when I double click the empty desktop
-allen
--- End quote ---

Never thought of that.  I like it, and it shouldn't be hard.  (Note that if you issue the Paste command with no files open, one is created for you before performing the Paste.  )

Best,

David

http://www.boxersoftware.com

f0dder:
Nice to see a responsive software author - that's always a big plus :Thmbsup:

allen:
Nice to see a responsive software author - that's always a big plus :Thmbsup:
-f0dder (June 26, 2007, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed!

zridling:
David is one of the great guys in tech. He had a better idea and committed to executing it. I respect him a lot.

f0dder:
I'm almost tempted to download boxer and give it a try again - I've just become very used to windows text editors (especially Notepad++), even though I used to be a die-hard dos text editor fanatic ("80x50 textmode, piss off with your GUIs!" - sorta made sense back in the 800x600 days :) ).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version