ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Text Editor

Boxer Text Editor

(1/9) > >>

Rover:
Look for a DC Member discount offer soon. 
We've been selling text editors since 1991. We're experienced at what we do, and we listen to our customers. We've filled our Boxer Text Editor with the features and functions you need to make your editing tasks go as quickly and smoothly as possible.
    * Powerful macro language
    * Keystroke recording
    * Color syntax highlighting
    * HTML editing support
    * Edit files up to 2 GB
    * Color syntax printing
    * Multi-level undo and redo
    * Auto-Complete typing feature
    * Active spell checking
    * Manipulate column blocks
    * Perl RegExp search and replace
    * Reconfigurable keyboard
    * User-configurable toolbar
    * Extensive user configurability
    * Power Columns editing feature
    * Ctags Function Indexing support
    * Open and edit files via FTP
    * Project support
    * Calculator, calendar, ANSI charts...
    * Dual-monitor friendly
    * And hundreds of other features

--- End quote ---

AndyM:
I've been using Boxer since DOS and OS/2.  I can't speak highly enough of the software, the company, or the developer David Hamel.

Rover:
Cool, another OS/2 User.  :Thmbsup:

I started using Boxer back in my OS/2 & DOS days as well.  I've tried to like other editors, but I always end up with Boxer installed.   Just before I installed OS/2 I was using Boxer TKO for > 640 RAM and virtually unlimited file size editing.... ahh the good ol' days.

Now if only David would port this to Linux...  :P

Boxer Software:
Hi Guys... nice to see there are already some people here wearing proper team colors.   :)

Speaking of the "old days," here's an interview from this month's CPU Magazine in which Barry Brenesal and I reminisce about years past, with attention to the formative years of Boxer:

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:xka_eGG77PsJ:www.computerpoweruser.com/editorial/article.asp%3Farticle%3Darticles/archive/c0707/63c07/63c07.asp

Look forward to hangin' out here, and I hope to be arranging a discount to make it easier for other DCers to join Team Boxer.

All the Best,

David

AbteriX:
Hi David

very interesting interview there. Thanks.

1991? (486DX30, 4MB RAM, 100MB HDD for $2000) only 16 years....but what a difference!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version