ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The GIMP/PhotoFiltre/Paint.net/etc., thoughts...

<< < (2/14) > >>

Grorgy:
A lot of people use paint.net from http://getpaint.net/index2.html which has layers and heaps of plugins written by a fairly active community of users. worth a look and its free

Carol Haynes:
Carol, check out GIMPShop as a transitional app, because it shares the exact same menus and toolbars as Photoshop. Also, here are some Gimp Tutorials, most of them pretty fundamental tasks.
-zridling (June 14, 2007, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well they have tried to make it a bit similar - but it isn't really similar at all. The menus are not the same and even after running the compatible shortcuts links batch file the keyboard shortcuts don't work in the same way.

It was interesting to install and look at (and it does load fast) but I don't think I will keep it on my system.

Hirudin:
Argh... that didn't take long. 1 bad freeze, numerous odd behaviors, and for the frigging love of god: for some reason when you zoom with the mouse it doesn't zoom toward the cursor!

Looks like PhotoFiltre is next...

tomos:
Argh... that didn't take long. 1 bad freeze, numerous odd behaviors, and for the frigging love of god: for some reason when you zoom with the mouse it doesn't zoom toward the cursor!

Looks like PhotoFiltre is next...
-Hirudin (June 14, 2007, 09:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
you're using vista arent you? maybe it's not ready yet ...

PS which version did you try?

zridling:
Me likey Photofiltre. But it's for simple needs. There really isn't a Photoshop equal, although many have tried.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version