ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The GIMP/PhotoFiltre/Paint.net/etc., thoughts...

<< < (5/14) > >>

elpresi:
maybe 4j=for java?

Darwin:
I still have PSP 9 installed alongside XI. Both do everything that I need, but 9 feels more robust and professional somehow. Probably something stupid like the toolbar icons and the colour scheme that do it for me, I don't know...

Perry Mowbray:
Sevaral years ago, I used micrografx picture publisher (iirc) - it was pretty nice in the sense that you could turn your selections into "objects", instead of having to muck around with layers, and you could "paint" your selections (easier than dealing with alpha channels). And it was very very lightweight.
-f0dder (June 14, 2007, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ulead PhotoImpact uses this graphics model as well, and I find in many cases it's much easier to use.

I also use GIMP, but still feel that I'm on the learning curve (I think it keeps throwing me off  ;))

Hirudin:
Lightzone is interesting, but I think I need brushes to feel comfortable in a graphics program.

Whoa, PSP has changed! If y'all haven't seen it yet, here's what you're greeted with after install...
The GIMP/PhotoFiltre/Paint.net/etc., thoughts...
I bet you can get the full version on eBay for... oh, $40 or so.

f0dder:
@f0dder - Why mustn't they be named? The buyout (or whatever it was) didn't thrill me either BTW.
-Hirudin (June 14, 2007, 08:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, just like some people ususally don't wanna name satan, I don't feel too comfortable about typing or saying "Corel" :p

Also, I think the new PSP GUI sucks bigtime. Big-bigtime. Corel basically ruined everything that was great about it - like not having to install it, but being able to carry it on an USB disk.

Ulead PhotoImpact uses this graphics model as well, and I find in many cases it's much easier to use.
-Perry Mowbray (June 14, 2007, 11:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'll check that out, thanks for the tip!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version