ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

More about e-mail web based and other

<< < (3/4) > >>

rjbull:
Well... I still have 50 GMail invites (that work, though I didn't think you needed them anymore?!) - if you want to see what the fuss is about, just PM me!
-Darwin (June 17, 2007, 07:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Somebody else already did, but thanks anyway!  :)  I use it so little I'll have to set a reminder to go  and look at it on the Web to keep it alive...

Laughing Man:
...It would be nice, too, if they'd let me access my account from a POP3 client without having to pay $19.95 a year for the privilege.
-Darwin (June 14, 2007, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Waaa!!!?!

Well, there goes any chance I had at getting my sister to use Thunerbird... $20 for a lifetime... MAYBE, but a year? That's just greedy!
-Hirudin (June 16, 2007, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

The good thing about Thunderbird is that there's extensions that page scrape the emails. Webmail + Yahoo will allow you to download yahoo emails to Thunderbird.

Darwin:
Nice, laughingman!

I used to use MrPostman to do something similar in Outlook for both Hotmail (there was about a year during which my pop3 access was disabled and then it mysteriously reappeared) and Yahoo, but it stopped working for Yahoo and I've never been able to get it to work again. Once Hotmail started letting me access my mail via Outlook without using a thirdparty app, I dumped it. Development of MrPostman seems to be moribund (last update was 18 months ago). There are a range of both free and paid apps that will do this...

PS Although most people (from reading the Sourceforge forum for MrPostman) seem to be able to use MrPostman to retrieve their Yahoo mail in Outlook, I simply can't using three different machines (and thus installations) and two different Yahoo accounts. Of course, I gave up about a year ago... maybe I should try again!

mitzevo:
I like the Yahoo! beta mail system, it's pretty nice - apart from the hangups it has every now and then.
I started using gmail a few years back - seems to do the job all right.

JeffK:
Don't forget if you want to explore email related stuff together with others, you can always go to www.emaildiscussions.com.

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version