ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Add an ability to sign in on the Home page

<< < (2/3) > >>

Darwin:
Thanks Chris! "Travelling in Europe" may be a bit misleading- I'll be taking part in the excavation of a Neanderthal cave site in Belgium so will be pretty sedentary, for the most part. *Hopefully* I'll be able to take advantage of my weekends off to visit some sites around Western Europe. I'll definitely be doing a flying visit to England to see my supervisor. I *should* also visit my 83 year old aunt, but don't know if I'll get up North (Yorkshire) - be well worth the trip though!

lanux128:
i like this idea, another vote from me.. :up: i also have this problem whenever i'm outdoors - cyber-café, public library, etc..

jgpaiva:
www.donationcoder.com rolls off the fingertips more readily than www.donationcoder.com/forums/
-Darwin (June 13, 2007, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Also notice that there's 'forum.donationcoder.com' (without www), which is only 1 character longer than 'www.donationcoder.com' :D

lanux128:
Also notice that there's 'forum.donationcoder.com' (without www), which is only 1 character longer than 'www.donationcoder.com'-jgpaiva (June 14, 2007, 07:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
thanks for the tip, jgpaiva! i didn't know that.. :Thmbsup: i usually type only 'donationcoder' and use Ctrl+Enter to fill out the rest but this will do for the time being.. :)

Darwin:
 ;D I actually just type "dc" (sans quotes) and hit SHIFT and I'm there... I have a DirectAccess abbreviation setup to bring me directly here. I use cookies, too, so don't have to worry about logging in. Don't know why I started agitating above as I am taking my notebook with me so will be on the same machine.

This is not to say that I haven't noted, and regretted, the absence of a log-in area on the homepage in the past when using other people's machines. I don't actually mind having to come to the forums, though, as this is where I spend 99.98% of my time anyway!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version