ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Calendar software

(1/3) > >>

m_s:
I would love to see a donationcoder.com review of the best calendar/pim software (calendar being the most important aspect for me), but in the meantime, could people offer me opinions and experiences of what works best for them?  Have been using Outlook 2003 for a few years, but since I've just bought The Bat! on the back of this site's review - and I think it is a brilliant piece of software! - I would like to ditch the bloatware and find a good standalone calendar.  I've used Sunbird for awhile on my other computer, and that looks promising, but it's got a way to go before it could replace Outlook for me.  So please let me know what you're using and what you would recommend most highly.  Thanks!  (I am new here, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place - please forgive me if not!)

mouser:
someone else just asked me today for us to do a pim review.
make sure you vote in the running poll of what to review next - it's highly determinitive:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=482.0

zridling:
I've never been very satisfied with current calendar software. It seems you get an either/or where either it has good calendars and prints them well, but its interface makes it clumsy to add notes and appointments. Or you can add notes, but the calendar interface is limited, ugly, and offers poor printing options.

m_s:
The best I've seen so far is EssentialPIM, but with that you can't print in color, which is a drag for me - but a posting on their forums says that that is in the next version, which is currently in beta testing...

zridling:
I have a few suggestions here, with Calendarscope providing the most pure "calendar" options, notably print ones. But it doesn't pretend to be an actual PIM like EssentialPIM Pro. Not sure if it fits in the category, but check out the ITSD Organizer by AltStone. For quick note-taking and appointments, it's very effective, and with tons of keyboard shortcuts (my bias).

Note: WinOrganizer is coming off the list. It announced an upgrade more than seven months ago, and still hasn't delivered it. It also doesn't have any calendar views.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version