ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What do you think of PCTools' Spyware Doctor?

<< < (5/8) > >>

Darwin:
Just by way of an update - I renewed my SpySweeper licence for two years and upgraded to the Antivirus version. I'm really happy with it. I renewed Ad-Aware Pro 2007 for my wife... it's a dog. Ad-Watch 2007 pegs her processor to 100% and is very uncivilized. Ad-Aware itself seems good - I love the increased performance. I'm unhappy, though, that the big raison d'etre for renewing/paying for the Plus or Pro versions is to get the realtime scanning capabilities of Ad-Watch and it's so bad that I've had to disable it on her computer.  :down:

Curt:
I have a Add-Aware 2007 Plus license, but doesn't even have the program installed, because it was too annoying.

Darwin:
I have a Add-Aware 2007 Plus license, but doesn't even have the program installed, because it was too annoying.
-Curt (August 17, 2007, 01:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I keep dithering about asking for a refund (yes, it's that bad). I should spend some time raising Cain on their support forums at the very least. My voice would be like a drop of water in an ocean though - everyone is complaining!

Curt:
Spyware Doctor (free version) is now a part of Google Pack. Feature comparison between free and paid editions -Wordzilla (August 16, 2007, 07:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Until a month ago I also had Spyware Doctor Pro, but it wasn't placed in Start, and I didn't renew the license - I will rather recommend the FREE Spyware Terminator!

Darwin:
Nice find Curt - it's free and comes with real-time protection. I like to add Spyware Blaster to my defenses. The free version is fine (Pro version simply downloads and installs updates automatically) and is an extra layer on top of whatever else you happen to be using.

Anyone have any comments on Microsoft's antispyware app - Windows Defender? It's been getting generally good reviews lately...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version