ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

NirCmd Setup, a guide of sorts

<< < (5/6) > >>

mouser:
ah that would make sense.. a competing cmd command.

edbro:
Okay, I got it now. Yes, it was competing commands causing the problem. The real problem is the way Vista handles the %programfiles% directory. It will not allow any program to write to any directory inside program files. What it does is redirect all writes to a virtualstore directory buried deep inside the Users directory. I had manually copied some plugins and alias groups into the program files directory. Some stuff was mirrored in the virtualstore directory. When DCUpdater does its stuff, all the updates get written to the virtual store directory. It was a real mess. I ended up uninstalling/reinstalling FARR and manually cleaning up the duplicated items out of program files.

mouser:
When DCUpdater does its stuff, all the updates get written to the virtual store directory. It was a real mess.
--- End quote ---

oh that is really not cool.
i specifically named the program dcupdate launches to unpack the files in a manner that i thought should make vista ask the user to elevate the rights of the unpacker so that they are installed in the real program files directory..  i am going to have to make some changes if its not doing that.

but wait.. the updater doesnt modify the aliases.. thats only done by the full install tool.

i think you may have misdiagnosed this particulat problem (though the virtual store may be implicated in other issues with farr).
i think this is more of a case of an old version of farr having the nircmd alias and the new version didnt deleted it just added one.  new users shouldnt experience this problem.

jgpaiva:
Just informing that i made a little change on the nircmd alias above... please update :)

nontroppo:
well done jgpaiva!

There is a bug in the standby command - it exits windows instead!?

Wow, FARR 2 is looking damn fine overall, alias system changes are very welcome. :beer: to mouser

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version