ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The great defrag shootout

<< < (6/10) > >>

tomos:
hi Donn, welcome!

thanks for the "Shootout" - it's a great series of reviews! :up:
I see you have a 20% discount from Raxco for Perfect Disk on the winners page - tempting :)

Armando:
Welcome DonnEdwards!
Thanks for posting here!
As you can see, your blog has many readers.

J-Mac:
I used Diskkeeper 7, 8, and 9, and then grew really weary of their sales schemes.  First Pro version was required for a desktop PC and Light version for notebooks (Where oh where was the logic in that?)  Then they changed that in 8, and then again in 9.  I still wasn't sure what the heck I had when they started the hard sell on Version 10; writing me and insisting that I had to upgrade to 10 and stop using 9!

I went with Perfect disk about 2 years ago and never looked back. Granted I am not as knowledgeable in defragging as the reviewer obviously is, but I feel a lot more comfortable with PD than I did with DK.

Jim

Darwin:
Hi Donn - welcome to DC! Hope to see more of you around the boards. Thanks, too, for the shootout  :Thmbsup: I use both Diskeeper and PerfectDisk but agree with your conclusions. There ARE reasons to like Diskeeper 2007 Professional Premier (not necessarily in preference to PerfectDisk, mind) but the price difference between it and PerfectDisk 8 are so great that it's a no brainer which way I recommend my friends to jump (OK that should read "would recommend" as the vast majority of the people that I know are happy with XP/Vista's built in defrag utility)...

Armando:
the price difference between it and PerfectDisk 8 are so great that it's a no brainer which way I recommend my friends to jump (OK that should read "would recommend" as the vast majority of the people that I know are happy with XP/Vista's built in defrag utility)...
-Darwin (October 23, 2007, 12:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not to mention the free a very able JkDefrag (with or wthout GUI)...  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version