ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The great defrag shootout

(1/10) > >>

oBFusC8r:
Donn Edwards has written a comprehensive review, called "The great defrag shootout", covering just about every defrag app out there for the Windows platform. It is an interesting read and Donn clearly has spent a lot of time on this defrag investigation of his.

http://donnedwards.openaccess.co.za/2007/04/great-defrag-shootout-part-1.html

[modified to attach image]

OGroeger:
Whow, an excellent article.  :Thmbsup:

Carol Haynes:
Interesting comment :

I was looking forward to reviewing PerfectDisk Rx Suite 1.0 by Raxco, since I have been using PerfectDisk Pro 8 for some time already, and found it to be pretty thorough, albeit stubborn and sluggish at times. I found out about the Rx Suite from the PerfectDisk blog. Going from PD8 to PDRx is like going from the sublime to the ridiculous. The less they market this product the longer Raxco will remain in business. It's that bad.
The first good point I noticed is that at $29.99 it's cheaper that PD8's $39.99. But it isn't worth the money: it's like PerfectDisk Lite with bugs, and it's a massive 25.8MB download. Almost every feature I tried didn't work properly.
--- End quote ---

Pretty much experience of people here daft enough to try it!

Interesting comments about DiskKeeper - what the heck are they playing at these days ???

Darwin:
Yes - I read the Diskeeper comments with interest. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I have it installed on my wife's notebook and it seems to be doing its thing without offending her! I've occasionally analysed her disk with it to see if it's doing it's job and all seems well. Perhaps I'd have a different perspective if I was using it all the time. Just to note, I've been impressed with its speed when I've run analyses and on the odd occasions where I've had it defrag. Interesting. Might have to look at it a little more closely.

PS She's running Diskeeper 2007 Professional Premier, so has i-FAAST and the "on the fly" defragging features.

I'm running PerfectDisk on my own machine and am quite curious about how it will fare. I'm guessing that it's not going to do that well - middle of the pack, anyway. Bets anyone?

cmpm:
hmmm..O&O is free at this time...

http://filehippo.com/download_oo_defrag/

a lite version

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version