ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend Vista CD Burner

(1/3) > >>

edbro:
Can somebody please recommend to me a good CD/DVD burning program that is Vista compatible? I currently have Nero 6 on my XP Pro but I will be loading Vista Business next week and I know that Nero 6 is not compatible. I'm not really sure that I want to pay another $50 to upgrade to ver 7. Does anybody know of any good freeware burning programs that are Vista compat?

Hirudin:
Check out ImgBurn! It's the shiz-night!
It's a little complicated to learn, and not the most convenient to burn individual files (select Mode -> Build, then click the "Switch to device output" button.).

If you're looking for something closer to Nero, check out InfraRecorder, I haven't personally burned a disc with it yet (ImgBurn has been enough so far), but a lot of people like it.

The super cool bonus with both of these programs is that they are both donationware!

Carol Haynes:
AShampoo Burning Studio 7 is Vista compatible and is very good (a number of us here have adopted it to get rid of the Nero bloat):

see http://www.ashampoo.com/frontend/products/php/product.php?session_langid=2&idstring=1110

It is very easy to use.

for details but use these offer links if you want to buy:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=8551.msg61595#msg61595

I just tried them and they still work - currently the offer is $19.99 but it seems to change regularly.

AShampoo has the key feature of being able to verify your disc - which I personally find essential and is one of the reasons I stuck with Nero so long. Too many burning apps omit this feature (and IMHO makes them useless).

Actually I just noticed Burning Studio 6 is Vista compatible too and that is available for free on some magazine disks. Maybe some kind person (Grorgy) could tell you which mag and edition. It was mention in this thread. Trouble is that free versions don't often come with updates and it may be pre-Vista (I had version 5 on that basis). If you are going to buy a copy then version 7 is the same price at the discounted price.

For basic burning purposes ImgBurn (mentioned above) is great - but it isn't good for building DVDs, compiling disk contents can be a bit complex and it doesn't support CD ripping. It does have a verify function though.

Grorgy:
It was on the disk from Australian PC User June 2007

[Edit ... added link to Australian PC User, Carol. Note June 2007 is current issue, they only seem to stock back issues for 2006 ???]

edbro:
Thanks guys, I just bought Burning Studio 7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version