ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Combining partitions

<< < (2/2)

howiem:
Just out of curiosity, what happens to the shortcuts when the srive letters all change?

nosh:
Just out of curiosity, what happens to the shortcuts when the srive letters all change?
-howiem (June 16, 2007, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

They go to shortcut heaven (or hell, if they're Norton/Symantec shortcuts).

They become invalid unless the partition manager is smart enough & modifies them...

Hirudin:
They go to shortcut heaven (or hell, if they're Norton/Symantec shortcuts).
 ;D

Darwin:
Even if the partition manager is smart enought to modify them, you still wind up with artifacts, which is really, REALLY annoying! I had this problem a few months ago and it took a few weeks/month or so to sort out. It was little things - I had moved a bunch of data files that are normally located in the programs' folder under program files under the root directory to a different partition (makes backups and re-installs of windows easier to recover from) and these links were not changed. So, my Outlook pst file wouldn't open because Outlook was still looking on drive F:, which no longer existed (I combined E: and F: and wound up with a bigger E: partition).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version