ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

20 year Reunion ("there's nothing closer to heaven than being a grad of '87")

<< < (2/3) > >>

BigJim:
No, you're not a miserable cuss. It sounds to me as though you have a life and have grown. A lot of those folks are trying to relive the past.

On the other hand, the folks who organize and promote these things are probably the ones that were gregarious and outgoing in HS and perhaps continue to be so. I suspect that we are among kindred spirits here and not part of the above mentioned. We are more ... shall we say ... introspective.

Darwin:
No, you're not a miserable cuss. It sounds to me as though you have a life and have grown. A lot of those folks are trying to relive the past.

On the other hand, the folks who organize and promote these things are probably the ones that were gregarious and outgoing in HS and perhaps continue to be so. I suspect that we are among kindred spirits here and not part of the above mentioned. We are more ... shall we say ... introspective.
-BigJim (June 08, 2007, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well said, I guess one thing I struggle with is the fact that it is possible that I am not the only one who has grown - maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. However over the past three years or so I've run into a number of the characters I was at school with and was alarmed at how little they had changed: still vapid, materialistic, and shallow. Not a good sign and not the kind of people I'm happy about spending time with (and paying for the privilege to boot!).

Darwin:
vapid, materialistic, and shallow
--- End quote ---

I, of course, am none of these things (my first born for more RAM!)!  :P

BigJim:
RAM is very important, as we all know! Seems like a reasonable trade off to me. How much RAM would you need?

nosh:
I am by and large asocial so take this with a fist of salt but if you really have to think about whether to go or not & it causes you some degree of anxiety/anger/etc - don't bother. Once you've decided not to, you'll rid yourself of the negative emotions & get on with your lovely life.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version