ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR v2 Tricks and Tips Clinic

<< < (4/4)

rjbull:
selecting the create a new alias file option makes FARR dies with an access violation error. :( v. 2.00.116 here.
-urlwolf (June 29, 2007, 05:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here with v.2.00.108 on Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]:

---------------------------
Find and Run Robot
Access violation at address 00571080 in module 'FindAndRunRobot.exe'. Read of address 40508902.

edbro:
Not really a FAR trick but just a tip. For OneNote users (and Evernote), you can create hyperlinks to individual pages. For some of my most used notes I use those hyperlinks to create shortcuts which I place in a folder searched by FAR. Now I can go directly to an individual note in OneNote.

mouser:
The new alias file crash has been fixed in latest version, thanks for the bugreports.

hamradio:
You can use restartsearch in conjunction with another alias to have recursive aliases...

Ex. You have two aliases named this and that.

So you create another group alias (we will say test for this example) and name it what you want...then you add the following for the results to show...

this | restartsearch this
that | restartsearch that

Now when you type test it will allow you to pick from those 2 aliases.

Enjoy!  :)

mouser:
It's a little hard to see how this would be useful until you see it in action in ham's plugin.. basically it let's you simulate hierarchical menus of aliases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version