ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR Plugin: FCalc v1.12 (Mar 25, 2015)

<< < (21/23) > >>

ayryq:
I've not had any problems, but I just checked and troubleshooting log is enabled (is that the default?). I just turned it off on one computer to see if it crashes.

mouser:
Not heard of this before but win10 is new territory... can you reproduce the problem reliably on a specific set of actions?

IainB:
I have FARR with FCalc installed, under Win10 Pro, and experience no problems. Seems to work just fine.
I should add that FARR is installed NOT in a C:/Program Files... directory, but in a separate subdirectory C:/UTIL/.../FARR, and the FARR plugins are installed in a subdirectory to .../FARR/...

mouser:
I have FARR with FCalc installed, under Win10 Pro, and experience no problems. Seems to work just fine.
--- End quote ---

this could be the key -- it may be that fcalc is trying to save its history/settings in a directory it's not supposed to on a normal install, and that win8 put up with it, but win10 isn't..

IainB:
^^ Yes, that's why I thought I should mention it. After a bit of trial and error, trying to get around Win10's security policy seeming to have a fascistic dislike of anything that tries to edit files in a C:/Program Files sub-directory, I have found it's quickest to simply install my "non-standard" programs in some other directory.
For some time now I've found that installs outside of C:/Program Files tend to be more certainly under the user's control and more likely to be able to work without failure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version