ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Share Usb Devices

<< < (5/7) > >>

Earthcoder:
We brought a new scanner in end, found a nice epson for £100 that works with my dads lightbox.

thanks for all help

Darwin:
This thread is OLD but thought I'd update it - just came across Masters ITC BlindScanner Pro and thought of this thread. It is specifically designed to allow users to do what Earthcoder was asking about - share a scanner.

I've no interest in this functionality, so haven't tried the software. It advertises:

The BlindScanner Pro software will share and open access to a scanner on the local area network that is not directly connected to your computer, but installed on a computer located in the neighboring room, for example.
--- End quote ---

cranioscopical:
This thread is OLD but thought I'd update it - just came across Masters ITC BlindScanner Pro and thought of this thread. It is specifically designed to allow users to do what Earthcoder was asking about - share a scanner.

I've no interest in this functionality, so haven't tried the software. It advertises:

The BlindScanner Pro software will share and open access to a scanner on the local area network that is not directly connected to your computer, but installed on a computer located in the neighboring room, for example.
--- End quote ---

-Darwin (October 26, 2007, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW Giveaway of the Day (for Friday 26 Oct, 2007) has Scanitto on offer, which is part -- but only part -- of what you describe http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/scanitto/

Description from Giveaway's site:
SpoilerScanitto is a lite application for aquiring images from TWAIN scanners. It allows scannning, saving scanned images in various formats (bmp, jpeg, tiff, png, pdf, gif) and sending output images directly to the printer. Scanitto does the job in 4 easy steps: selecting TWAIN device, setting scanning parameters, aquiring images and perfroming images management.
Features:

* Simple and user-friendly interface;
    * Direct-printing scanned images that can also be saved in the following formats: bmp, jpeg, tiff, png, pdf, gif;
    * Possibilty to change resolution/color depth;
    * Compatibility with all TWAIN scanners.

Darwin:
 :-[ Yeah... that's how I found it! Note that Scannito hasn't been very well received in the Giveawayoftheday comments section, which doesn't bode well for BlindScanner Pro...

Darwin:
BTW, I still have a hard time figuring out how this feature would be useful... Unless, of course, your scanner can be setup somehow to send to specific locations on the network... Actually, I *guess* if you set the scanner to send to a folder on a server it would work. Anybody could scan with it and access their scans from their workstation. S'pose it makes sense in that light. I'm glad we've had this conversation. Yes, me too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version