ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking to do high quality video conversion

<< < (2/8) > >>

lanux128:
SUPER is a program I only became aware of from people talking about it here. I've found it to be excellent, it does almost everything you could need and I think it should meet your requirements.-Eóin (June 03, 2007, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Eóin, take a look here before suggesting SUPER.. or Hirudin might bite your head off.. ;)

Hirudin:
SUPER is a program I only became aware of from people talking about it here. I've found it to be excellent, it does almost everything you could need and I think it should meet your requirements.-Eóin (June 03, 2007, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Eóin, take a look here before suggesting SUPER.. or Hirudin might bite your head off.. ;)
-lanux128 (June 04, 2007, 02:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
:) Yeah... And don't even THINK of mentioning FLV! Also, don't stray from the message and point of the original post. Consider it your GOD while you're here.

Eóin:
Ah, I hadn't been following that other thread so didn't realise this was a spin-off :D

AutoGK is also quite good, for a ripper I'd recommend Imgburn.

Hirudin:
Yeah, ImgBurn is awesome, I love it as a burner!

Looks like you're forced to create image files with ImgBurn (which makes sense). With AnyDVD you can just drag the DVD contents to a local folder. I find the DVD files (VOBs and whatnot) work in pretty much any DVD software while images sometimes cause problems.

I've been using DVDShrink to extract the individual episodes out of a DVD. Works very well, is easy, and free!

Hirudin:
I gave Gordian Knot AutoGK a try last night, seemed to create a decent video. Very automated, but I didn't see many options... (I even tried right clicking on the program!). I have a suspicion maybe I have to change the options in the Xvid program, or in some .ini somewhere though.

Unlike some people, I'm not happy just letting a program "do it's thing" when I know there's a ton of options to be had. For instance live TV shows probably need different options than cartoons to create the highest quality video.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version