ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

teracopy: copy your files faster

<< < (14/28) > >>

elpresi:
I am not endorsing Teracopy in any way, but I noticed that it just got upgraded to v1.2:
http://www.codesector.com/history-tc.php

DesertEagle:
Installed and running = installed  :-[ Just me being careless with my choice of words. I don't know what was causing this. Essentially, after a reboot (first since installing teracopy yesterday) this morning my computer was sluggish right off the bat and DOpus was frozen - I had to kill dopus.exe via TM (and noted at that time the CPU problem reported above). I'd been noticing explorer.exe and its RAM over the last 24 hours or so - 43MB VM is normal but RAM is usually well below 20MB and often below 15. Anyway, after killing DOPus' lister this morning the only thing I could think of that I've changed over the last 24 hours was teracopy, so I uninstalled it and immediately noted that explorer.exe fell to 13MB and when I restarted DOPus.exe it started at 0% CPU and 30MB VM and has stayed there (even after opening a lister) - entirely normal on my machine.
-Darwin (June 09, 2007, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

TeraCopy activated only when a copy/move operation is started, so it doesn't make any impact on your system if you just installed it.

DesertEagle:
I've just encountered what might be a pretty serious bug in Teracopy.
I was updating some CD writing related utilities (cdspeed.exe, drivespeed.exe, infotool.exe) and downloaded and unzipped the latest versions on my desktop. I then dropped cdspeed.exe to the folder where the original was located. Instead of giving me an overwrite warning, Teracopy just popped up the copy box and closed it - it didn't overwrite the file, it basically didn't do anything. I know for certain the utility wasn't locked by any other process. After fiddling around a bit it seems to me that Teracopy will not do anything if the exe file being overwritten is different. If it is identical to the file trying to overwrite it, it works normally & pops up the overwrite warning. I'm not sure if this'll be replicated on other systems but it seems likely.
-nosh (June 14, 2007, 01:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure how did you get this result, perhaps file was locked. Version 1.2 detects locked files well and even allows you to view locking process.

In any case, if this is serious bug, you should send message to the technical support first. I can fix TeraCopy errors, not people on the forum. If bug is really serious, I'll fix it and upload new version on the website right after I read about this bug.

Thanks to LifeHacker and other sites, more then 30 000 people downloaded TeraCopy by now, and no serious bugs was reported. A lot of changes was made in versions 1.1 & 1.2, based on user support tickets, including Unicode support.

---
Web: www.codesector.com  ICQ: 6848780

Nighted:
Holy crap, you're alive. Why don't you fix Audio Sliders and Direct Folders while you're at it?

BTW, your "technical support" is a joke. Fix that and maybe you will 'fix' some people on the forum.

DesertEagle:
Holy crap, you're alive. Why don't you fix Audio Sliders and Direct Folders while you're at it?

BTW, your "technical support" is a joke.
-Nighted (June 25, 2007, 01:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Direct Folders:

Open file C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Direct Folders\Options.ini and edit last 2 lines:

LauncherFile=explorer /select,
LauncherFolder=explorer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version