ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

teracopy: copy your files faster

<< < (8/28) > >>

Darwin:
TeraCopy =   I'd rather eat broken glass.
--- End quote ---

ROFLMAO

Incidentally, when I was a teen there was a teen club in town that I went to once or twice. While there I witnessed a hockey player eat a glass ashtray. I've never known what compelled him to do it, but he didn't seem to come to any harm (sadly - he was a jerk. Did I just write that?) and it shows that this can be done!

vivy:
did teracopy something bad to you? I can understand why are you talking about teracopy like it is a bad application. If the support is poor, is this make a software bad? Or is this a reason to search alternative application for you?

Nighted:
Yes, bad support makes bad software. Why you ask? Because the developer works for that poor sucker like you and I who pay to put food in his/her stomach so he/she can continue to function on a daily basis. I don't have an unlimited budget for software (unlike some people here seem to).

A good developer fixes things that you tell them is wrong with their software. A good developer thanks you for reporting these things so that his/her software can be improved thus making the customer happy in addition to attracting new customers.

I bought 2 programs from this guy.

Audio Sliders, which I no longer even bother to use because it interferes with full screen applications. I got so tired of having to exit the program and then start it again every time that I just gave up on using it. I reported this like a good little end user only to be ignored.

Direct Folders, which introduced some funky behavior in the 3.21 release. It's actually pretty stupid. I tried to contact again to report and have the previous version sent to me. I had to get someone from these forums to send me the previous version. If not for that, I would have ceased using this software too. I tried several times to get answers. It's been over 6 months from my first attempt and nothing.

He does not care about my experience, only my money. So F|_|(|{ Code Sector!!!!!

I hope this makes my stance against Code Sector a bit clearer.

edbro:
I'm not trying to defend Teracopy, I've removed it myself. But, you seem a bit harsh for software that is free for home use. Maybe you paid for it to use in a corp environment, if so, then you have a right to better support. Most of us here are probably home users though. I look at all freeware programs as gifts from the author and I feel fortunate to get them despite what imperfections they might have.

I'll have to give SuperCopier a look when I get home tonight. My work firewall has blocked access to that site. Can anybody tell me if it is Vista compatible?

Edit:
It looks like you amended your post to add that you paid for their software. Then you are correct, you have a right to complain.

Nighted:
Oh, I'll bitch and moan about it every opportunity I get. If I can lose this guy a few customers, great!!!  :Thmbsup:

And by the way, Code Sector software is NOT freeware. It is not free for home use. It is shareware and it is limited in it's trial state.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version